Site Map
VIEW THREAD
 
 KYN Muay Thai 
 Quality Muay Thai on Koh Yao Noi island, near Phuket. 
Hello, Guest | Log In or Register | 4 page views remaining!
9:18 - 25th Apr 2014
 
28th March 2014: Admin Brave_Dave says... "Okay, I really am close to finishing the new site! It has been delayed because I keep redoing it over and over again after getting new ideas. Also I've been away a few times too. Here's a thread about the developments. Thanks."
Navigation

Viewing
posts per page

Posts:
71
Views:
2612

Forum | Page 
 1 
 2
 3

Reading This Thread...
No one at the moment

 
Gyms in singapore

Author:
madbaker (977 days ago)
Created:
22nd Aug 2011
Last Post:
18th Sep 2011
Category:
Views:
2612
Posts:
71

This thread was locked automatically because it hadn't been posted in for 90 days.

#1
5:03 - 22nd Aug 2011
hey al; well im in singapore,I was wanting to do a bit of training here since I will be stuck here for he next two weeks anyone know of a good gym that wont hurt my wallet to much went and checked a gym called evolve great set up lots of staff tons of things to do few ex world champs there but at $250 a week was a bit rich
 
#2
5:50 - 22nd Aug 2011
Quote: madbaker
hey al; well im in singapore,I was wanting to do a bit of training here since I will be stuck here for he next two weeks anyone know of a good gym that wont hurt my wallet to much went and checked a gym called evolve great set up lots of staff tons of things to do few ex world champs there but at $250 a week was a bit rich


A week?! Holy shit! You sure that's not the month price and they were just unwilling to let you pay a reduced amount, lol that's ridiculous. Oh man that's funny.
 
#3
5:53 - 22nd Aug 2011
na that was their intro special
 
#4
5:56 - 22nd Aug 2011
Quote: madbaker
na that was their intro special


Well it is basically an MMA country club.
 
#5
15:44 - 22nd Aug 2011
Try out ASFitness
 
#6
17:03 - 22nd Aug 2011
rhanks i will
 
#7
23:09 - 22nd Aug 2011
that is fucking retarded expensive. jesus
 
#8
0:32 - 23rd Aug 2011
Quote: sinatra
that is fucking retarded expensive. jesus


I agree especially since back home I could train a month with Jakson's, AKA, Renzo's, Tri Star, Big John's, Sityodtong Boston, El Nino's,Team Quest, Black House, Xtreme Couture, ATT, etc. for half the price that gym charges for a week.

But it's a different market and presented more like a luxury gym then a mma or muay thai gym. Kinda like those UFC branded California Fitness centers.
 
#9
2:19 - 23rd Aug 2011
just got told about this joint:
http://www.suphanahong.sg/
 
#10
5:24 - 23rd Aug 2011
i am pretty sure suphanahong has gone now also , i went up to Golden Mile a few weeks back , it wasnt there but their gear shop is still there.

ask around golden mile to see if theyve moved or closed- there were sasiprapa trainers there but place was run by some local guy.

Hilltop is around Clarke quay just by Magazine rd- no thai trainers though

Bia and his brother giving classes out near Jurong east i think about 50 sgd for a private , look up Dunperee muay thai on FB

we had one open a few months back called Rough which was an offshoot of Punch at the botton of river valley road by fort canning/UE square but that closed down v sharpish, i think punch might be there still, its in a shophouse up teh road a bit just b4 you reach teh junction with Mhd Sultan above the foodcourt, thai trainer grandson of Zagat is the trainer therem he s called Aeg.

Zak isnt doing much at Vanda anymore as he has opened a pizza place in the Towers (pop in and ask him if he knows anyone doing freelance /cheap classes), they are on havelock road/ganges centre but like most other places its pay up front for a package $$$$
 
#11
6:07 - 23rd Aug 2011
went up to golden mile which is only a few kms from where im staying its still there operated by a guy named chris and his wife ploy runningf 4 sessions a day going this afternoon they have packages or $30 a session will let you know how it went

on a side note f... its hot after sydney which was 16 degree im dying here
 
#12
6:11 - 23rd Aug 2011
Quote: Hawkman
i am pretty sure suphanahong has gone now also , i went up to Golden Mile a few weeks back , it wasnt there but their gear shop is still there.

ask around golden mile to see if theyve moved or closed- there were sasiprapa trainers there but place was run by some local guy.

Hilltop is around Clarke quay just by Magazine rd- no thai trainers though

Bia and his brother giving classes out near Jurong east i think about 50 sgd for a private , look up Dunperee muay thai on FB

we had one open a few months back called Rough which was an offshoot of Punch at the botton of river valley road by fort canning/UE square but that closed down v sharpish, i think punch might be there still, its in a shophouse up teh road a bit just b4 you reach teh junction with Mhd Sultan above the foodcourt, thai trainer grandson of Zagat is the trainer therem he s called Aeg.

Zak isnt doing much at Vanda anymore as he has opened a pizza place in the Towers (pop in and ask him if he knows anyone doing freelance /cheap classes), they are on havelock road/ganges centre but like most other places its pay up front for a package $$$$




cheers for the great advice
 
#13
16:37 - 23rd Aug 2011
well I trained at suphanahong Today there was only two other guys there I put that don to that it was an early afternoon session tell you the truth it seamed at little to easy saying that I prob sweated about 2 L no better way of getting use to the heat

got 5 3min rounds in the ring with one of the trainers first kick took him by supprise as the the other two guys didnt put any power in their kicks knocked him over first kick but still felt I had left in the tank when it was all over which i didnt back at my old gym good on tec corrected me all the way which was good will prob go back as it is so close and im only here for another 7 days

all in all meh about this gym not bad but not great prob better in fighters classes
 
#14
19:25 - 23rd Aug 2011
what floor are they on now then if they are still in Golden mile?
 
#15
23:43 - 23rd Aug 2011
MMA country club lol, with the rate they are charging the only good fighters they have are probably all trainers. Why would you pay so much to train there when you could fly to thailand and train there for less and with a better environment.
 
#16
1:16 - 24th Aug 2011
Quote: Hawkman
what floor are they on now then if they are still in Golden mile?


fourth floor #04-08
 
#17
6:53 - 24th Aug 2011
ok mate- yeh i agree with what you say Ifanator, just to join evolve is about 4000 bucks upfront, basically anyone who is a member is either a well-paid expat or a spoilt chinese rich kid. they brought in a load of trainers Samart, Anuwat plus all the Sityodthong guys , but i have had the debate with Chatri the owner why have they not produced one single home grown champion. apart fom the fact that Singaporeans are lazy as fck and only care about iPad and Man Utd.

Basically the guy has a lease on 2 HUGE properties in the business area and i reckon with all costs considered he has to pull in around a million sgd a year just to break even
 
#18
9:01 - 24th Aug 2011
You can have the best facilities in the world but at the end of the day iron sharpens iron, not silk.
 
#19
16:41 - 24th Aug 2011
yup. and you cant polish a turd, as they say
 
#20
10:14 - 25th Aug 2011
Did some of you ever took a train from BKK to Singapore?
 
#21
10:15 - 25th Aug 2011
u cant do that aymore. teh line stops s at woodlands. you can go from JB to BKK, ive done bkkk to Surat thani and that is hellish
 
#22
10:19 - 25th Aug 2011
ai ok.
thank Hawkman
i was planning to sleep over at your place but that wont be possible now
 
#23
10:24 - 25th Aug 2011

well my aircon is on teh blink so its a bit of a shitter round mine at the moment
 
#24
10:27 - 25th Aug 2011

plus i snore like a bugger
 
#25
10:28 - 25th Aug 2011
Quote: Mojo
You can have the best facilities in the world but at the end of the day iron sharpens iron, not silk.


exactly , thats why i say ...i'd rather great training partners than....
 

Forum | Page 
 1 
 2
 3

 
MuayThaiLand 2012